Saturday, January 1

New Years!

For New Years this year I finally went to the much-talked-about YSA dance in Seattle. Over the last 2 years rumor has it that this particular dance was off the hook (as much as a Mormon dance can be you know?) so I was pretty excited.
And that was an epic fail. Epic because the anticipation was more exhilarating than the actual event. Nothing could've really been improved by the dance committee. The attendance was great, the music pretty good, as well as the food. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood to dance or whatever, but I was somewhat disappointed. I was definitely not at BYU anymore.
I think it was just the lack of friends there. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't friend-less, but those there weren't the people I've been dying to see.

Anyways, I've decided that I better put into words my resolution, otherwise they're going to linger as thoughts until my short-term memory forgets about them. It will also help me to avoid spontaneously remembering them sometime in March and feel disappointed in my lack of diligence.

1. Read my scriptures EVERY DAY
2. Do something that makes me sweat every day.
3. Learn for the joy of learning and not for the grade.
4. Run in the Ragnar Relay race in July.
5. Serve someone each day.

Honestly, I have put a lot of time into thinking about these goals. Mostly because this marks the first year I've made New Year's Resolutions and I didn't want to go about it lightly or superficially either. I feel good about these ones though! :)

I hope you guys had a great New Year's too!


1 comment:

  1. Ragnar Relay! Woot woot!
    Who are you running it with? Is it back in WA? I did that with my dad a few summers ago and it's literally one of the highlights of my life.
    Go Jess!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS