Tuesday, January 25

Results!

Yesterday I got an email from the volleyball coach. Instead of trying to paraphrase it I just thought I'd copy it here:

Hi Jessica,
First of all, thank you so much for coming out on Thursday night to participate in our open tryout.  I was very impressed with the turnout, the level of talent, and the amount of passion for the sport of volleyball that everyone brought to the court.  (You particularly!)  I think everyone had a terrific time!  I hope that was the case for you too.  You particularly impressed me with your enthusiasm and strong knowledge of the game.  It is obvious you have played at a high level.  Unfortunately, we cannot offer you a position on our spring team at this time.  I am glad however, that you went for it.  I know you love the game.  If I can ever do anything for you, just ask!
All my best,
Shay

So... not the best of news.... but definitely not the worst! It almost sounds like one of those template emails administrators send out; they just personalize it by putting in a number code that codes for specific compliments. Much like report cards in high school. Either way, I'm way glad that I tried out. Never leave one opportunity untried right?

3 comments:

  1. I was actually going to say just the opposite: this sounds like she actually wrote something to you specifically.
    Way to go! I'm glad you shared this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super duper proud of you Jess. You are inspiration at its finest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it sounds canned--you DO love the game. Way to go, Jess!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS