Saturday, April 9

because we all fail sometimes. among other things.

Today I was flossing my teeth getting ready to bleach them when I realized something: flossing was REALLY starting to hurt. "That's odd", I thought, "I flossed like the other.... wait when did I last floss"?


MAJOR DECKER FAIL


Somehow I feel like it's a betrayal of the family name to get gingivitis. (That's inflammation of the gingiva people, and gingiva is the gums in your mouth). Gotta love being surrounded by dentists!
Another Decker Fail: my short tongue. My dad's is seriously HUGE, as is Liz's (she's Decker on her mom's side). Scratch that.... EVERY DECKER TONGUE IS LONG. Except mine. Lingual frenectomy here I come!


Anyways, life's been so good :) Kinda by way of explanation... yes, I am dating someone now :) He's awesome! And he shall be known as Mr. Incredible on this blog because 1. he IS incredible and 2. that's my favorite Pixar movie haha.
Mr. Incredible and I are going up to Salt Lake tonight for dinner at Rodizio's and a fashion show afterwards. Have YOU ever wondered what to wear at a fashion show? Because this is a new experience for this kid. Aren't you supposed to get "inspiration and ideas" from these events? It'd be WAY cool if you could just get dressed AFTER the show. Actually no it wouldn't; there'd be a ton of nakey-nakey people everywhere. AWKWARD.
Last night Mr. Incredible, his friend Robert, Kimmie and I all watched Tangled. Please don't live another day without going to see this movie! It's seriously so precious :) However... not to nit-pick Disney... but Rapunzel's body proportions are MESSED up. Her head is bigger than her waist! And her eyes are bigger than her hands... no wonder there are so many misconceptions about bodies these days. I'll save that particular rant for another day though.


The last week of school is coming up! There are a ton of conflicting emotions about this one... I'm WAY jazzed to be done with school, but I am going to miss Provo my friends so much. (Halfway through typing Provo I realized just exactly HOW glad I am going to be to be back in Washington...) Seriously, half the friends I've made are going on their missions for 2+ years. My good friend Jared just got called this last week to Honolulu, Hawaii. What a sweet mission! It's not like I won't ever see these guys again but it's still sad to say goodbye. It's sad to say goodbye to the life I've created here. A friend from home called on Thursday just to check in on me and reality hit: I'm living 2 lives right now. The WA life and the UT life. A lot of that has to do with the fact that my "home" isn't permanent. For example, the WA life was "put on hold" for 8 months while the UT life will have the same fate over the summer. Reconciling the two lives is an odd idea for me to deal with right now. Not to mention Mr. Incredible is staying here over the summer. That'll be interesting.


Oh and btw, finals are coming up. It's a good thing BYU doesn't allow official campus visits for prospective students during finals week because I'm sure application rates would drop significantly if they did.
... Not to scare future students at all. BYU is still as awesome as ever :)


K I'm done now... have a lovely weekend peoples!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS