Sunday, July 31

3 weeks...

well... only about a billion and a half things have happened this past week and a half...
but most importantly... Mr. I came to visit! It was a flippin blast having him here and of course, the weather would cooperate for him. It's been cloudy literally EVERY DAY this summer and then the day he lands it's nearly 80* right up until he left again this morning.
Friday I gave him the grand tour of Enumclaw (that took 5 minutes...) and got ready to volunteer at my parents Ragnar Relay Race up in the Bellingham area. We got back super late and slept in Saturday morning. Then he kindly reminded us that it was our mother's birthday that day... (seriously, all the kids forgot. how great are we?) so we flung ourselves into a tizzy cleaning and decorating for her. It was my friends' pre-wedding bbq that night so we went there and ate delicious food :) Oh, and then we went and saw Captain America! It was a really great movie!
Sunday he got to meet everyone in the ward and then right after Sacrament meeting we loaded up our Suburban to go up to Lopez Island in the San Juans. We crabbed, kayaked, hiked, fished and camped until Tuesday night. We split our Seattle adventure into 2 days Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday we hit up the Freemont Troll, Ivars, the Arboretum and Japanese Gardens at UofW, Ballard Locks, and then this delicious restaurant called Poppy. Thursday we met my uncle at the temple to get his work discount card for the science center and spent some time on the grounds there. Then we loaded up and went to pike place, the infamous gum wall, the aquarium, the space needle, the pacific science center, the imax theater... HARRY POTTER 7 in 3D baby! and then this delicious restaurant called Tokyo; it's the type of place that makes the food right in front of you and lights things on fire :}
Friday the whole family went up to the Sunrise trail at Mt. Rainier and did a wonderful hike there to Shadow Lake. (Have I mentioned that my state is BEAUTIFUL?!) and then we went to another bbq for my mom's work. After the bbq we ended the night with a glorious showing of the original mission impossible :}
Saturday was slightly nuts... we met up with jillian and liz for a wonderfully waist-band-popping breakfast at the kettle, then I enlisted Mr. I's help in running around trying to help Carol and Scott get things ready for Grandpa Decker's 70th birthday party bbq for a while. We got ready for the bbq and then went to it and afterwards my parents took us to see Cowboys and Aliens. (also another good movie :D)


His flight left super early this morning and yeah it was hard, but it's only 3 weeks until I'm back down in p-town again for school.
Oddly enough, the summer seems to have flown by. I remember the first week of being home I thought August would never come. 4 months was a REALLY long time to wait! Now looking back on it... I'm beginning to panic slightly at where the time went. Seriously? Where did it go? And how much of it did I spend moping/waiting for the next big thing?
I'm determined that I will make these last 3 weeks spectacular for not only myself, but I think more importantly for my family, chloe and safiya. (No one likes a grumpy nanny! :P)



Anyways, here are a couple of pictures from this last week. Mr. I got most of them honestly, but I did manage to capture a few!









No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS