Saturday, July 9

A & A Saturday!

awkward:
- At Silverwood Ethan and I ended up waiting for the other family members to get done with their rides. As we waited, I took him to go get some Dippin Dots and we ate them sitting on a rock nearby the roller coaster mom and dad were on. In comes one of the grounds caretakers with his broom & dust pan contraption. He stopped in front of us and said, speaking to Ethan, "oh isn't that nice, your mom is willing to share her dippin dots with you!" Ethan and I looked at each other, and he must have caught the glance because he quickly back-tracked and said "unless this is your sister..." People... do I really look like a mom?
- I bought some aviators a couple of weeks ago but this week was the first time the weather has been cooperative enough to let me wear them... so I did. I wore them to Carol's house and immediately after I got in the doorway Safiya and Chloe come up to me and proceed to tell me I look like a puppy with them on. WHAT?
- being stranded in a public restroom.
- it is unbelievable what you see at a public swimming area. Silverwood is also a waterpark and while there I quickly learned exactly how popular my name is. I went to go use the bathroom (where awkward moment mentioned above occured) and as I was walking back I heard a somewhat familiar voice start saying my name but I couldn't see the owner of the voice due to the crowds, so I started to walk in the direction of the voice. The crowds literally parted and I was able to see the owner and I realized I was 2 feet away from him. It was NO ONE that I recognized. Worst off, this guy was HUGE, with long greasy I-haven't-seen-a-shower-since-I-was-a-baby hair that hung down in silver, stringy sections all over his head with a matching beard and chest/back hair. The beer belly this guy was sporting made him taller laying horizontally than he would be standing up and he was wearing shorts so short they should have been made illegal. AND I WAS STANDING THERE 2 FEET AWAY JUST STARING AT HIM.
- awkward facebook im'ing silences. FB has launched this new update and it allows you to add people to your im'ing conversation... liz, jill and I experimented with this last night and I often found myself waiting to type anything because I was sure one of them would say what I was thinking. This led to an increase in "awkward silences".


awesome:
- my tan/burn line I got this weekend!
- ummm hello? It was the FOURTH OF JULY... > yes that's my favorite holiday. I love fireworks :)
- I started working full-time for Carol this week. I really do love going over there to help everyday. Plus I get a nap-time too when the girls go down to sleep :)
- Speaking of the girls... as Chloe, Safiya and I were driving to pick-up Carol from hand therapy, Chloe asked me to play a "rock-out" song. So I flipped through my iPod to the techno playlist and put on some Daft Punk for them. Within 5 seconds Chloe turns to me and says "Daft Punk? nice... do you have this song?" (she actually named a song there but I forgot it) and proceeds to rock out in her car seat as Safiya starts chanting "daft punk, daft punk" in a tune much like Agnes sings in Despicable Me. Imagine my surprise! This kid is 4 years old!
- Goodwill thrifting. Liz, Jill and I have become quite the thrifters these days :) Why spend more then you have too right?
- Mr. Incredible comes to Washington in 12 days!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS