Thursday, November 3

so, I've got some news.... :)

Maybe the title is a bit of an understatement? Regardless though, I do have some news. some BIG news.

I'm engaged :)

Due to the scarcity of my posts this news seems completely out of the blue and well, sudden. Even in life it was somewhat sudden, but not unexpected :)
But now it's time for "The Story"; the same story I'm sure I'll be telling my kids for 20+ years just as my own parents have.

Kyle and I got back together on Monday and by that weekend we both had figured out that we wanted to get married. Saturday of that same week we talked about when in terms of what month (is December too soon? April too far? Dare we plan to get married in the middle of next semester?) December was settled on... and on Sunday we set a date (the 20th). This was somewhat of a spontaneous decision... I just told him jokingly, "Well how about the 20th?" and he was thinking that day too. Having it before Christmas would be a bit easier on our families because we'd all be able to RELAX over that holiday, not to mention that it would give us some time to settle in to our place. (wow... OUR PLACE... crazy!)
The following Monday we called our families to give them a heads up. Earlier in the week I had thought that my parents might like to know what was going on... Tuesday we called the temple and cemented the time and place.
And then we got to thinking that we should probably become officially engaged.

So now here's my side of the story. One of these days (like after I graduate single status and become one of those really cute, creative, crafty, photographing Mormon mommies who have the cutest blogs about married/ family life...) I'll have Kyle post his side to everything because let's be honest, I was pretty clueless the whole time.
Last weekend (Oct 28-29) Liz, Josh, Bryson, Lindsey, Caleb, Michelle, Kyle and I were going to drive down to Fillmore, UT so we could all visit Josh's family and because we all thought it would be a nice break from the Provo scene. [I must insert here that this trip was previously planned before Kyle and I set a date]. We get there Friday night and have a good time playing games, eating pizza and visiting with Josh's family.
Caleb and Michelle were going to be coming Saturday afternoon because Caleb had borrowed his sister's ultra nice camera and insisted on taking pictures of the fall colors in the canyon. Once they got there we all loaded up and toured Fillmore. I had a chance to visit my great grandparents' tombstone in the Meadow Cemetery and we also toured the Territorial State Capital building. We were planning on leaving Fillmore around 5 because Josh had a party to be at in Provo at 7 (it's a 2 hour drive), but when we were at the Territorial State Capital building Josh got a call at 3:30 saying that the party was actually at 5. Well I know Josh hates being late so I was fairly insistent that we get going so he wouldn't be too late, but Josh insisted that we go take a drive up to the canyon instead (which looking back on... should've been a HUGE clue!!) So we all loaded back up and went on a drive to the canyon. We rounded this big curve and pulled off to this clearing and got out to explore. Once all the couples high-tailed it in opposite directions, leaving Kyle and I alone by the cars, we took a walk towards this grove of trees. Meanwhile, I'm still nagging Kyle about being really inconsiderate of Josh's time and I had to get back to do homework... yada yada yada. Well Kyle stops along the trail we were walking on, gives me a hug and then pulls my left arm behind my back so I couldn't see it. And then I feel this metal THING slide on my finger (I immediately stopped insisting that we go back!). I gasp, bring my hand around, Kyle takes my hand, gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him.


and of course I said yes :)

Well this whole time, everyone knew what was happening, and Caleb had been hardcore creeping on us taking pictures of the whole thing. (pictures of fall colors.... yeah right!!) So that's how we got some pretty amazing pictures!

After that we all drove back to Josh's house, loaded up and went back home. And then I proceeded to buy my 129 roommates cheesecake in accordance with the deal we made freshman year.

This week has been FULL of planning, as I'm sure the next 6 weeks, 4 days and 22 hours will be!

We're getting married in the Seattle Temple, December 20th and we couldn't be happier!







4 comments:

  1. Jess! This is so cute! I've been dying to hear your side of the story! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! And, yes, you will be telling it for years to come.
    Thanks for the detailed update. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!!! Personally, the second picture is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute. [: And so exciting!! Ah! Congrats times a million.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS