Saturday, March 24

Team Gale 4 lyfe + this week's quotes.

Hey there! This week was one of those weeks were the professor's decided it would be their honor to distribute the hardest tests and the biggest group assignments. Wasn't that so nice of them?
Anyway... I jumped on the bandwagon this week: I bought the Hunger Games, read it in 3 hours, and went and saw it last night. Sorry to all you die-hard HG fans, but I honestly thought it was just ok. I didn't feel like there wasn't ANY 'romance' between Katniss and Peeta in the movie. There wasn't even a spark or a tiny candle between them which was a MAJOR part of the book! Peeta just seemed so awkward to me. (Rubbing your finger all over her bloody forehead was NOT a tender moment Peeta, it was nasty). Katniss should just go with Gale. He's hot. And actually hunts for her family instead of just throwing her some old, charred bread. Some parts were filmed with that "shaky camera" look, and since we were in the first 2 rows of the theater, that did NOTHING for visual effects. It really just confused me. I would have had no idea who was fighting who or who just died etc. if I hadn't read the book. Stanley Tucci played Caesar perfectly! And Lenny Kravitz as Cinna? AMAZING.The rest of them were just ok. In general though, I did enjoy the movie, but the hype didn't really seem necessary.
Ok, off my haterade stand.

Quotes from this week:

"If I ever got pregnant, I think I'd crave tamales!" - Kyle (talking to Kyle about pregnancy and all its nuances...) 

"I just get so jazzed learning about magnetism and stuff like that, but now we're learning about quantum mechanics and I'm just like, 'ugh, old hat!'" - Kyle

(After picking up my sister at the SLC airport after flying from Seattle) "I went to grab a carmel apple spice at Starbucks before I got on the plane and I realized something: there was a Starbucks in every single terminal! And then when I got into SLC, I find ONE Starbucks in the entire airport. I'm definitely not in Kansas anymore!!" - Nicole

"I think I'm going to give birth to this burrito..." - Jess (after eating a Chipotle's burrito)

(explaining the Hari Krishna Festival of Colors to Nicole) "You walk 20 minutes to the temple, you make fun of the weird singers, you throw chalk at people until it's gone, you take pictures like crazy, then you jam everyone's news-feed with evidence of the festival. That's all there is to it." - Jess

"Raunchivelent. Shoot, I mean, raunchy is equivalent to..." - Liz

Bahaha. I laughed as I wrote those!
My sister is here this week! She wants to come to BYU so mom thought it'd be a good idea for her to get an idea of what the campus is like before she made up her mind. And she just wanted to see me :) We're going to have fun showing off all of Provo's wonders. Namely frozen yogurt and the dollar theater...

Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!! I was a hardcore HG fan when I read it like a year ago, and I was so looking forward to the movie. But when I saw it, it was kind of mediocre to me. I thought the acting was great, but the camera was too shaky, there was no real character development, and it was kind of slow. Glad to know somebody else agrees!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS