Monday, October 15

Adult Rules

On my summer reading list was the book The Happiness Project, which I borrowed from a friend. I loved it so much, that I bought my own copy so I could highlight and annotate the death out of it. (If you haven't read it, you should!!) In the beginning of the book, the author, Gretchen Rubin, outlines a few of her "Rules of Adulthood" which I found highly entertaining and practical. These rules were influenced by her own experiences and lessons that she's learned in life. After reading her list, and being a list lover myself, I started to think of my own adulthood rules.
  • Add 10 minutes to traveling time; 30 if you have kids 
  • Burt's Bees is always needed 
  • Sleep on it 
  • Things work out the way they're supposed to work out 
  • A clean sink makes the kitchen clean too 
  • Don't hesitate to give out a compliment 
  • No one pays attention to yourself more than you do 
  • Pack a snack 
  • A little makeup goes a long way 
  • If you think you might regret not doing something ... then do it 
  • Avoid going grocery shopping while you're hungry 
  • Quality over quantity wins (except when considering q-tips - they're all basically the same) 
  • Just because it's on sale, doesn't mean you can afford it 
  • Not everyone will get your humor 
  • Check your motives 
  • Facebook official does NOT make it officially official 
  • Somethings are better left unsaid 
  • Doing things sooner somehow gets the task done in less time 
I'm sure I'll add more to this list as I get older, but I think it's a pretty good start!
Do you guys have any adult rules?

1 comment:

  1. Definitely don't go to Costco hungry. You buy a crazy amount of food in bulk. Completely unnecessary. I've learned that the hard way. :-)

    New follower!! (And fellow Mormon blogger...woo hoo!)

    Stef @ Miss Jo and Co.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS