Saturday, January 24

6 Months Old; 12 Months Tall

Well.

Milo's half a year old and I'm still freaking out. That was the fastest 6 months of my entire life. Previously, the fastest 6 months had been January - June 2010, the last 6 months of high school, but I was so looking forward to the end of that 6 months.

He's officially cleared the 20 lbs mark and shot up another inch (28 inches). I had to go get a few more pairs of 9-12 month size leggings this week since his 6-9 month pants had become Capris. We have a ton of jeans for him, but if he wears the size that gives him the length he needs, then the waist is too big and they just fall off. I'm not entirely unfamiliar with this problem since that defines my 5-15 year old life. #leggingsforlyfe.

He's rolling around all over place these days. It takes him .093 seconds to flip onto his stomach when I lay him down on the floor. He's figuring out how to rock back up on his knees, and he loves when I help him do wheelbarrows. Milo's figured out that his socks taste fantastic, that rice cereal tastes un-fantastic, and that avocados are his jam (or guacamole. hahaha... Sorry that was lame). He's sitting up much better these days and loves to be tossed in the air, even if my arms aren't a fan of that.

We've been battling separation anxiety over here the last two weeks; he always wants us to be in seeing distance. Milo is getting more curious about his outside world. The other day he stared at his blanket from great-grandma Rowley for a solid 10 minutes, just looking at the patterns on the fabric. He's beginning to reach out and grab objects too. He tried grabbing my tongue last week but soon became frustrated with that exercise. We just found out last night that he can hold his bottle now too, though I'm kaboshing that one since my only snuggle time with him is when I feed him. He's still sleeping through the night really well, but he's sleeping less during the day. We're still trying to figure out his nap patterns. It seems like he needs at least 4 hours of sleep in the day to be a happy baby. Otherwise we're all in trouble.

It's been great being a mom. Much less stressful and overwhelming and all-consuming than I thought, though yes, I still have those feelings occasionally, and that's ok too.


Happy Milo
Sit-up Milo
Separation Anxiety Milo
Sock-eating Milo
Laughing Milo
Somewhat-crawling Milo
Church Milo (insert heart-eye emoji here CUZ THAT GINGHAM TIE IS EVERYTHING)
Bottle-feeding Milo.
If you can't tell, he's looking at the bottle like "...the heck is this contraption?"


Now - in response to my good friend Danica's recent post - she tagged me to share 7 facts that ya'll may not know about me. Since I know my mom and mother-in-law are most likely the only ones reading, I'll have to be clever with these facts as they know me so well:

  1. From a young age I mastered the art of "out of sight, out of mind". Yes, my room is spotless, but don't look under the bed!
  2. I've taken hundreds of those "Are you an Introvert or an Extrovert" tests and each time I'm told something different. Apparently I'm 50/50 introvert and extrovert. Kyle's the same way. It can make things difficult when one of us is feeling particularly extroverted and the other is not. It can make things awesome when we're both feeling particularly extroverted or introverted.
  3. I try very hard to not offend people - sometimes to a fault. Many times social media drives me nuts because it seems like people are more concerned with having an opinion rather than having any knowledge. I don't care if you've seen American Sniper or choose not to because of the rating. I don't care if you love doTerra or not, are Republican or Democratic, support net-neutrality or not, had a medicated or non-medicated birth.... just don't be rude about your opinion. AND STOP FIGHTING OVER FACEBOOK.
  4. I have to gear myself up for hours to wear bright lipstick.
  5. I tend to go to extremes. One day I'm 100% on board with being a super granola, yogi zen master who eats açaí berries and has dreads. The next day I'm set to be an extreme marathon runner who's up at 5 am everyday running 20 miles and actually cares about how fast my mile times are.
  6. Gifs are the greatest thing to happen to the Internet since the Internet began.
  7.  I do not understand or care to learn how to use Twitter. I had one for a few months but I got so confused and cared so little that I deleted it.

I'm supposed to tag 7 other bloggers to share 7 facts... but I honestly don't know 7 other regular bloggers; I am incredibly un-cool like that. Instead I'll tag my Aunt Nancy since she's awesome and I think her facts would be interesting :)

Happy Saturday folks!

1 comment:

  1. Dang - now I have to update my blog! It's about time anyway. And BTW, what are GIF's?? Am I old? Maybe I shouldn't have asked that so publicly? Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS