Monday, December 20

15... 25 songs

Ok ok, so this is one of the ideas that I'm stealing from other people's blogs...
So here it goes; the first 15 songs that my iTunes plays out.

1. Judas by Kelly Clarkson. I went through a stage where I loved her as I'm sure most teenaged girls could attest to. This song really made me feel understood. I have no idea why.
2. Poker Face by Lady Gaga. Let it be known... I don't like the artist. I like the songs... and the beat. Although after this one was played for the 2836518651039718325 time on the radio I nearly threw up.
3. Paralyzer by Finger Eleven. The first time I heard this song it was the ring tone of my cousin Nathan's phone. It rang during Thanksgiving dinner, and I liked the chorus enough to buy the song apparently.
4. Glitter in the Air by Pink. Weird, I haven't heard this song since the summer, but I love it. Pink isn't my favorite artist in the world, mostly because I feel like she does the same type of song with a different tune each CD. This song though was truly unique and actually showed how talented she is.
5. Man- I Feel like a Woman by Shania Twain. Call it my shout out to country. My ONLY shout out. It's the great pump up song before a girls night out. Obviously lol
6. I'd Come For You by Nickelback. Too many words to describe this song. Nickelback's songs sound a lot alike, but if you really pay attention to the words you'll be surprised. This one has a lot of sentimental value tied to it. It was one of the "Our Songs" I've had in my life.
7. All We Are by Matt Nathanson. I've loved him for a really long time. It's hard to describe my music style because I can go from this mellow tune to Bon Jovi in 3:37 (the length of this song). Matt's got an incredibly soothing voice if you're feeling sad. That's how I got hooked on him.
8. Another One Bites the Dust by Queen. Let me introduce you to my lullaby's as a child. Got to love having head-banger parents :) Well at least I know I did...
9. Dirty Pop by N'Sync. Thank heavens for Jillian Koontz right? She put this on a CD for me. I was more of an N'Sync fan than a Backstreet Boys fan, and this song just screams 90's to me. Good memories in the 90's.
10. Lean Like A Cholo by Down AKA Kilo. Ok... so my friend Talleah came to visit me back in '08 and she was singing this song the WHOLE time, so I looked it up and I liked it too. I have no idea what else the artist has put out, so don't judge me!
11. Welcome to the Jungle by Guns and Roses. Such a classic band. Enough said.
12. Two Is Better Than One by Boys Like Girls and Taylor Swift. Another one of those radio songs that mean a lot when you happen to turn it on at the opportune moment. This one has a lot of memories also associated with it, but the meaning diminished as it sky rocketed to the top of the charts over the 7 months it played on the radio. And let me clarify something... I really do NOT like Taylor Swift. All she comes out with are different versions of the same scenario. A break-up, romance, or a pitiful girl who can't get noticed.
13. Walk This Way by Aerosmith. Can I just say how much I love Aerosmith? Steven Tyler and Joe Perry are iconic legends in the history of rock. This one time on Guitar Hero I beat Joe Perry in a "Guitar Off". Made me feel legendary too.
14. Gettin' Over You by David Guetta feat. Fergie and Chris Willis. Hahahaha, another song Jillian got for me. I heard it once after I put the CD on my iTunes, and I couldn't remember the title of the song forever, so I listened to EVERY SINGLE SONG I had put on my iTunes that day just to find it. Consider it found. And seriously, what a great party song this is.
15. The Man Who Can't Be Moved by The Script. This summer I really got into The Script. A lot of their other songs are on my iPod too, but I really do like this one in particular. Something about the titles and the subject of the lyrics seem really unique to me and I appreciate the uniqueness they offer.

** Bonus!
Out of pure curiousity, I went to the next song on the playlist, and I loved it enough to put it on here as well.
16. Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds. For some reason this song reminds me of the Breakfast Club, but I don't think that's right. Actually, I'm not entirely sure that that's even the right movie. The one where the kids are in detention on a Saturday morning and they all end up smoking and then the bad guy gets the good girl in the end? Yeah... that one.
ANYWAYS I feel like this song could've been heard in every car at a drive-in movie right before the movie started.
I wish I was born in the 80's.
Ok. so I keep finding songs that I love... so here it goes.
the 25 top songs of Jess's life.
17. Dare you to Move by Switchfoot. I feel like this song would play in a movie where the guy and the girl just had a huge fight and both are contemplating whether or not to forgive the other. So they happen to see each other at this random location and then they both pause and look at each other (cue the beginning of the song) and they both wait for a couple seconds. And then as the run towards each other the song goes "I dare you to move!" That was a huge run-on sentence... whatever. It's my blog :)
18 The Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin. It's my "drive because I'm in a bad mood" song, and my "I just need to relax" song. So versatile.
19. Just A Kiss by Kelly Clarkson. It's on the same CD as the #1 song is above. I was lying in a tent in the early morning on a vacation in California when I first heard this song. I had this massive crush on a guy who I'd met there and we were leaving that day and I figured I'd never see him again. Although the title lends itself to be a super cheesy, girly song, it has a lot more behind it.
20. Bebot by Black Eyed Peas. I do not understand one word of this song... because it's all in Tagalog... or whatever the Phillipino language is. But once again... Jillian introduced me to this song, and I think it's so cool because even though I don't know a word of it I can still rock out to the beat. THAT'S what great music is.
21. Secrets by OneRepublic. Hands down my favorite artist. I love Apologize before it was popular as well as this song. I love the violins in the background of the beginning of the song and I love how "unsynthesized" it is. Makes me so happy that there is still talent in the world.
22. Feelin' Good by Michael Bublé. Ok, so if you didn't know that he wasn't the original artist of the song.... shame on you. This would be one of the most sexy songs for a guy to sing to his bride at the reception. Just saying.
23. Mercy by Duffy. Ok so confession... this was one of the weekly free songs that iTunes hands out every Tuesday and me being a fan of Great Britain, and she being from Great Britain, I assumed that I would like it without listening to it. And I do :) But it's interesting because even though this song is nearly 3 years old on my iPod, it's just now starting to be played in the clothing stores. Like Aeropostale and Old Navy.
24. Be Ok by Ingrid Michaelson. Alright, so even though this song isn't the most played on my iPod, and she not being the most popular artist in my repertoire, I do appreciate this song. I imagine myself riding my bike in the summer time, wearing a white dress with a white basket on front that has flowers in it as I listen to this song.
25. Come Together by Aerosmith. Yet another classic. So many people don't realize that they aren't the original creators of the song. This one is a cover for the original song by the Beatles. While I don't really like the Beatles, (and I know someone somewhere just died....) this is basically my tribute to them. Actually scratch that, I really do like Hey Jude, and I Wanna Hold Your Hand but who doesn't like those ones?

1 comment:

  1. Dude! We are so alike!!! It's not even funny!
    ~Lysa

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS