Sunday, December 5

"Out of the mouth of 2 or 3 witnesses...

shall all my word be established".
Or something along those lines... I know it's close though
Today was Fast and Testimony meeting, and since it's the last one of the semester in my BYU ward, the Bishopric extended the meeting by nearly an hour.
Today "His" word was established by a LOT of witnesses.
Attending a singles ward has completely changed my appreciation for Testimony Meetings. Back in my home ward I looked forward to hearing testimonies, but I was never excited. Here though, I'm genuinely excited. A part of that is because I still don't know everyone, and so I get to be introduced to people I haven't met: but the major part is hearing the common themes in every ones beliefs. We've all come from different backgrounds, states, sometimes countries, and yet the SAME gospel, the SAME atonement has been, is, and will, affect our lives in ways that we are all amazed by.
My friends in my ward truly amaze me. There are people who have had to go through some really hard things. They've had family members die, get sick, fall away from the church etc. There are people in my ward who are the only members in their families, converts along with their families, completely paying for their own way throughout college. My own roommates wake up at 3:30 each morning for work from 4-8. Some have had clinical depression, suicide attempts, physical handicaps, mental handicaps; have had to support their families, have had to move to a new country etc.
But they are ALL willing to do this because they ALL believe and understand the truthfulness of the gospel. I've never been in a place so spiritually saturated. These kids are PAYING to be here, and they all know the requirements and standards that they must uphold in order to remain students here. And the best part is, THEY WANT TO DO THIS! It blows my mind to see so many kids my own age, gathered in a ward from across the nation, who all have chosen good things throughout high school.
I don't mean to make this sound as though all of them are perfect because they'd be the first to tell you that they aren't. We all beat ourselves up over small things, like not studying long enough for scripture study, judging other too harshly and too quickly, and not remembering our Savior throughout the week. But they all had to have an ecclesiastical endorsement to apply here, and they all want to keep the Savior at the center of their lives.

I've been so blessed to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS