Tuesday, January 18

Sensations I Love.

SMELLS
- mint
- peppermint
- spearmint
- (^ you get the idea?)
- gasoline
- freshly cut grass
- the smell of rain on hot pavement
- white board markers
- new volleyball shoes
- Starbucks
- sharpie markers
- walking into the house after fast sunday and smelling homemade rolls
- dove shampoo and conditioner
- country apple lotion from bath and body works
- cotton
- downy "April scented" laundry softener
- original febreeze
- fresh snow
- garlic, olive oil, and mushrooms. and butter
- popcorn :)
- baby lotion
- a camp fire
- seafood
- fog
TOUCH
- a newly pumped volleyball
- silk on my legs
- shaved legs
- conditioned hair
- squeaky clean teeth
- .... being clean in general
- snowflakes on my face
- a hug
- sleeping in "just-washed" sheets
- "no dust" shelves
- water balloons
- piano keys under my fingers
- sand on my dry feet
- sun on my back
- the classic: wind in my hair
- the warm cocoon my blankets make
- snuggling
- the dry humid air the dryer vent blows out
- touch screen anything
- charmin 2-ply toilet paper... hehehe!
- clean dishes; without the soap residue
- anemones on my fingers
SIGHTS
- the older couple going on a walk hand in hand
- the sunset you see from a remote location when you're alone
- the happiness on the teammates faces when you beat your expectations
-  the very rare A grade mark
- the empty and clean sink
- the made bed
- vacuum lines in the carpet
- the aquarium full of fish
- the views from the Hubble Space Telescope
- the first frost of the fall/winter
- spiderwebs with beads of dew decorating them
- the lights and disco ball on the dance floor
- the quote wall of my dorm
- the circle we roommates form when we say our prayers
- flowers in a vase
- the Grecian sculptures from white marble
- the detail in the architecture found all over Europe
- the vineyards of Italy (haven't seen directly... but seen via TV and the Internet)
- all the family at huge family get-togethers
-Seattle
- a smile
SOUNDS
- Beethoven's Midnight Sonata
- crickets and frogs late at night
- the fire cracking after an exhausting day out on the water
- mom and dad's laughter from their room
- "I love you"
- silence
- a windstorm
- laughter, from anyone
- "hello"
- the ticking of the clock above my bed
- men's acapella groups
- Come Thou Fount
- snow falling
- an intense rainstorm
- the stillness of an abandoned trail in the woods
- the crunch of leaves
- the ding of the microwave
- the zipping of zippers
- the running of the dishwasher
- "I'm sorry"
- "Thank you"
- alto singers
- heartbeats
- soft snoring
FEELINGS
- the completely crossed off "to-do" chart
- realizing that you learned something knew
- going "behind the scenes" into someones life
- the stomach drop of a roller coaster
- the adrenaline of a big match
- the endorphin high after a run
- being the answer to somebodies prayer
- serving
- praying
- the burning of muscles
- the satisfaction of saying what was on your mind
- being understood entirely
- forgiving and letting go
- a full stomach
- not being tired
- being loved
- loving in return
- knowing I don't have to be perfect
- the satisfaction of knowing I did the right thing
- making my parents proud
- accepting myself
- that Christmas glow
- Washington water sliding down my throat
- a perfectly executed pancake (it's a volleyball term)
- feeling like you taught someone something valuable
- knowing in whom to put my trust in
- being trusted

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS