Monday, June 13

letters for dayssss

Last Wednesday I had a bunch of friends go into the MTC and I wrote some of them a quick note wishing them luck on their first days. As a result... HALF the mail belonged to me today! :)

missionary mail is just so cool.
All are doing pretty well too if
any of you were wondering :)
I scheduled my appointment to get my wisdom teeth taken out. Sooner is better than later, and I especially wanted it taken care of before HE gets here in July. 38 days! but really, who's counting?
oh right. me. hehehe!
Today I went over to Carol's to help clean and we worked on re-organizing the girls' toy bins. Ummmmm, my kids are NOT having toys I've decided. Are any of you guys guilty of having that ONE drawer/counter/room that you're just terrified of because it just COLLECTS STUFF? (Don't feel bad... our family is!) Well... these girls had about 3 bins full of the most random assortment of toys. Countless numbers of barbie/polly-pocket shoes and outfits, rings, necklaces, doll clothes, McDonald's toys (curse those things...) craft projects, talking phones/microwaves/cameras/ovens, musical instruments, baby doll accessories, little pet shop sets, and who knows what else. Chloe and Safiya are usually REALLY good at putting things back EXACTLY where they got them (I'm pretty sure they inherited the Decker OCD gene) but they had a couple of friends come over earlier last week and things got put back wherever after they were done. Carol's parents also don't have any other grandchildren, so C&S get a lot of gifts from them. Regardless, I was impressed by the amount of STUFF that needed to be sorted through and it kind of got me thinking: WHAT IS THE POINT OF POSSESSIONS? We all live... and then we all die, leaving our THINGS behind and making others have to go through them. Obviously there are nostalgic reasons for the things that we keep; I remember thinking as I was going through my own STUFF before I left for college, "holy moly... what am I going to do with THIS?" Things that I used to think I couldn't live without I haven't seen in years and I'm doing just fine. (Actually, not gonna lie... I'm still hardcore missing my baby blanket. That fabric was SMOOTH man...) Anyways, it's now become one of my personal goals to live a clutter free life.
Well, at least until McDonald's spoils my kids and gives them some 'clutterizing' goodies. I'm pretty sure I'll be singing a different tune then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS