Monday, May 7

relaxing isn't what it used to be

For quite sometime now I feel like I've been runningRunningRUNNING. Deadlines, due dates, readings, quizzes, tests, errands, cleaning, lunch dates, hubby time, friend time, family time, service time, projects, presentations etc. etc. Since school started last August it's been like this and of course, getting married over the Christmas break didn't help slow things down.
Now that school is out and I'm not home to spend the summer I've found myself with a LOT of free time; free time that I haven't had in a while and have forgotten what to do with. I remember having hobbies.... once upon a time.... I think...? Due to my at-home job, Kyle's job moving people around Utah/Wasatch county and friends having busy schedules, the free time is primarily alone.
What does one do with all this solidarity?


Maybe it's just time for me to grow up a little and be more self-reliant. Self-reliant in that I can entertain myself (more so than being the only one to laugh at my jokes. that's just sad.) So I've started compiling a list of books to read over the summer. I remember that I used to like reading before that precious joy got swallowed up in textbooks. I remember I really enjoyed running before it became the means to getting skinnier. I enjoyed painting too oddly enough. For someone as un-crafty as I, this is truly odd.


These things are good and nice, but I think that for me to grow the most this summer I need to learn how to be happy without needing anyone or anything. So there's the goal. Let's see how I do shall we?



2 comments:

  1. good luck! you should probably just start painting again and share your creations on here :)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS