Saturday, May 5

uhhh. it's been over 2 weeks? already?

I seriously have no idea where the time went. One second I was excited for mom to be coming here, the next second I'm trying to remember went she left and what I've been doing for the last week.


Having mom here was so great. It's weird realizing how similar she and I are, especially since I've been refused to accept any similarity for the last... well... 18-19 years. We did a TON of things during her visit! We got to go to Women's Conference and learn how to be better wives, moms (not applicable yet!) women, and contributors in our respective communities. It was a little nuts being back on campus, but with 20,000 women who are all trying their hardest to get to the bookstore.








On Saturday we went up to Salt Lake to check out the new City Creek mall that's up there. It's amazing. We spent 4 hours there and got through maybe half of the mall. After that we picked up Kyle and headed down to Scipio for our good friends' wedding reception. Mom grew up near there and she was able to visit with a good high school friend while we were at the reception.
Monday we dinked around in Orem. Mom introduced me the wonders of Hobby Lobby (I'm in serious trouble...) and she taught me how to use my pressure cooker! I introduced her to jdawgs and we also went to the dollar theater to watch This Means War (with Chris Pine and Tom Hardy in it... it's hard to go wrong).
Tuesday we packed everything up and headed to lunch with some people we work with. After that she drove up to the airport and I bawled my eyes out at Ikea.


But it really was great having her here :)


Since then, Kyle and I have started to organize our office more. We got him a desk and accompanying accessories (I think he's pretty excited!).
Yesterday we had very slow days for work and so we randomly decided to go up and spend the day in Park City. It was great! Since skiing season is over the town was really quite. We looked at a ton of galleries, boutiques, and this hot sauce shop that Kyle loved. For lunch we went to this place called Vinto. It's an Italian restaurant, but it's really retro/modern. They use an electronic ordering system, so when you give the waiter your order they punch it on a tablet and send it to a screen in the kitchen. It really streamlines the whole process and it's super fast! Plus the food was to die for. It's officially our new favorite place :) And it's really well priced for what you get! For dessert we got a mini-sampler of 6 flavors of gelato. Have you guys ever had ginger gelato? I LOVED it. After touring Park City, we went and saw Avengers. Yes, it's amazing. I really loved how all the characters played off each other so well. The movie was actually a lot funnier than I had anticipated it being which was great!












Hope you guys are having a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Had the best time ever. And that's only fair, since I bawled my eyes out killing time in Kohl's before I needed to go to the airport.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect little weekend! I haven't been to City Creek yet, which is kind of ridiculous since I live in Provo. Hopefully I'll go soon!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS