Thursday, February 14

Valentine's Day Crazies

I'm conducting an observation on today to prove that Valentine's day is, in fact, crazy.

Technically, it started yesterday at Target:
  • A mom: "Avery, what kind of candy do you want for your boyfriend?" (Avery is maybe 6 years old...) 
  • Wife, muttering to herself, "which one does he like? sweet.... sour...?" 
  • Little boy in the Vday section, "Mom, I CAN'T bring these to school... they're pink!!" 
  • Husband who approached me looking for advice, "Mind if I ask what size you are? My wife's about your height and she's been looking for some pair of colored jeans..." 
And it has continued today:
  • Witnessed a proposal outside the library. Complete with giant teddy bear and roses. 
  • "A guy who buys that much stuff for his girl is compensating for something..." - dude on campus 
  • Instagram has exploded with couples' pictures 
  • Pinterest is full of heart-shaped everything 
  • "Is he looking over here? REALLY? I'm telling you! It's this heart scarf! It has magical properties" - girl on campus 
  • Starbucks has a buy one, get one free drink discount today 
  • "Valentine's day at BYU is the weirdest thing. It's like, everyone has to be super cheesy because that's all they CAN do... if you know what I'm sayin' sayin'" - guy in Bookstore 
  • SOMEHOW, today, of ALL DAYS, I left my ring at home on accident and I, very smoothly, got asked to grab a Jamba Juice. No one wants to be completely alone today. 
  • Everyone has "The best_______." according to Facebook 
  • "My son doesn't have the wherewithal to realize that the card he got from the neighbor girl is mass produced. He's running around the house telling us that, 'She thinks I'm the best!'"- Professor 
  • A girl wearing a full, red velvet, Victorian style dress across campus 
  • A guy frantically writing in a heart shaped card in the JFSB courtyard 
  • Walking into Costco and 4 rose-arrangement laden men walking out 
  • "My mom called and wished me a 'Happy Valentine'. Only she said it like it was a challenge. What am I supposed to tell her? 'So um... I actually have two Valentines tonight. Ben & Jerry'. I just don't think she'd appreciate that". - girl on campus 
  • Running into a couple making out in the middle of a crowded hallway. Seriously? 
  • 27 accounts of red and pink attire in the 10 minute walk I had across campus 
  • 4 giant balloon bouquets 
  • The BYU Bookstore Candy counter is now the most popular male attraction on campus. 
  • 8 heart-patterned sweaters/tights/pants/scarves 
  • "I don't get Valentine's day... I mean, I cuddle with you so why do I need a guy?" - another girl 
  • There are rumors of a girl sporting angel wings walking around BYU...
I could go on, but really? Need I?

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS