Saturday, February 1

The First Trimester



How Far Along?: 14 weeks

Weight Gain: Not a pound yet, but my body shape is changing like crazy. I'm really not too concerned about putting on weight - I stepped on the scale for the first time this morning just to answer this question. I'll grow as our baby needs; within reason, of course.

Maternity Clothes?: Just bought some maternity leggings and holy moly - WHERE HAVE THESE BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE?

Sleep?: Still sleeping through the night, thankfully! And of course, experiencing the "need to pee" promptly at 3:20 am every night.

Stretch marks?: A bit, but luckily they're not visible to the public ;)

Best moment yet? Hearing Baby Tuft's heartbeat!

Miss anything? Oh yes! Consistent bowel movements, muscle tone, energy... etc. I've really not had a terrible time though, so I don't dwell on what I'm missing.

Weird pregnancy moment? I tried to unlock the car with a straw a few weeks ago. I'm not even sure where I got the straw...

Movement: I'm pretty sure I felt a very faint "fluttering" yesterday, but it's so hard to know!

Food Cravings: Hard boiled eggs. I think I've had 2 every morning since I found out I was pregnant.

Anything making you queasy? Nothing really; earlier on I could NOT stand the smell of greasy Mexican food. Kyle had a hard time with that! I'm much more sensitive to smells than normal, so our house is actually cleaner as a result.

Birth plan?: We're planning on having a natural birth (non-medicated) at a birthing center that's 3 minutes from our house. Is it weird that I'm really looking forward to the experience?

What I'm looking forward to: Feeling our baby moving more!

2 comments:

  1. I love this pregnant pic!! Such a cute angle. I'm so glad you are having a good pregnancy, you're gonna be a great mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica- you are cute! I love all the tidbits! and that is exciting that you want to go natural, and I don't think it's weird you are looking forward to it! I just went natural for the third time; two of which I was induced with pitocen, which probably doesn't mean anything to you right now but when I tell nurses in the hospital that they are impressed as it makes labor way worse. :-) So my advice, just do it. Decide, and don't look back. Don't hesitate. Labor is hard no matter what anyone says! I've read all sorts of books, some trying to convince you it can be pain free.... I've tried various methods, it still is hard! ha! But if you've decided and you hold to that, you'll do GREAT!! I am so excited for you; you are going to be a great mom! CONGRATS!!!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS