Monday, November 8

I'm feeling the LOVE today.

There are the occasional days that I am truly feeling good wholesome lovely feelings for life. And this past week, was not one of those times.
HOWEVER; Fast Sundays usually bring about an amazing change in my personal life, so much so that I really feel good today.
Today was an amazing day. Particularly since being here, I've noticed how the conversations on deep personal pondering seem to be answered in a small seemingly unimportant conversation the next day. Having kept track of this phenomenal occurrence (7 times), I feel like it's important to share the simple fact that: God does hear His children.
My Bishopric introduced a new program (for lack of better words) entitled Roommate Support Program, also known as RSP (because we're Mormon LDS and we love our acronyms!) The goal of this program as far as I understand, is to further protect each other by eradicating improper worldly items from our apartments. To make our apartments a spiritual haven, much like our ideal homes... back home.
As I personally thought about what our apartment could do to help spiritually saturate #129, I realized how incredibly blessed I am to have such awesome roommates.
NO seriously... they're AMAZING.
There are stories circulating around about roommates who keep ridiculously late hours, participating in all sorts of shenanigans, those who NEVER do the dishes, never clean, swear, R-rated movies, drugs etc.
And just because we're at BYU doesn't mean that the people here aren't human. Mormons are human too (sometimes it's a hard concept to grasp, I get that).
My dorm doesn't have any problems like that. Please don't think our dorm is "perfect" (such an unattainable ideal) however; our dorm is next in line to be translated :)
Just kidding. I wouldn't be here right on the Internet right now if that was the case!

The point of this whole blog was to share how much love I feel for my roommates. I had NO idea the impact that each of them would have on my life. No idea how each of our backgrounds would magically, and beautifully combine to weave the fabric of our own family culture here in Robison Hall.

And to top it off, they're all great cooks... dinner tonight was Salmon, baked potatoes, home-made rolls and salad.

1 comment:

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS