Saturday, June 18

of worms and awkward moments.

life's been ok. today wasn't too great but I did have a moment of profound thinking. I was out digging tree wells for my dad, and per usual, it was drizzling, making all the worms rise out of the soil a little bit more. This lead to an increased exposure of these non-arthropodic invertebrates (yes, I looked that up). As I was digging I started to notice exactly how many worms I was slicing in half with the shovel. I wasn't too worried because I knew that each half of the worm would survive anyways but in the midst of my non-worrying thoughts, I began to wonder about the anatomy of worms. If you can slice a worm in half and each part survive, where the heck is its heart? I posed this thought to Ethan and he talked about all the possible answers for a good 10 minutes. Then our neighbor walked by and Ethan asked her. By this point I had determined that worms can't have a heart but I really had no idea how they survived. According to said neighbor, each blood vessel within the worm functions as a muscle too... so somehow this all works to replace a heart. Makes sense I suppose... worms are weird.

ANYWAYS it's time for a good A&A session:

awesome:
- the Kettle on a very lazy morning. Lazy = sleeping in until 10:30
- sleeping in until 10:30
- last night's dream. The details are lost, but I remember it being way epic.
- watching Robin Hood: Men in Tights (tight tights!!) with my parents.
- My roommate Carly is in town today!!! Jill and I are going up to Seattle to see her :)
- having a clean fridge. It's probably one of my biggest kitchen joys.
- parallel lines in the carpet from the vacuum. (you can tell what I've been doing all week)
- being able to force myself NOT to pass out when the nurse sticks a bendable catheter in my vein.
- Ryan Reynolds :} Especially in the Green Lantern. It's a pretty good one!
- Johnny Depp in Edward Scissorhands. I watched it last night with Alyssa and it was pretty good. I really liked the contrast between the neighborhood life and Edward's life.
- crossing off movies on my "to watch" list.

awkward:
- you know when you get put on hold and you're sitting there for what seems like FOREVER? Have you ever not heard the person "click" back on the line while you continued to 'stay on hold'? And then it's not until a good 30 seconds later when you hear them say "uhhhh hello?" that you realize they're there? yeah... awkward.
- that very odd spot that becomes sore after you've ridden a bicycle for the first time in years. ummmm how do you stretch THAT out?
- having to explain how to pronounce your name at a doctors office. (ps: if anyone figures out a different way of saying 'Jessica', please let me know)
- walking around without a bra on. Yes there is an explanation... I had to get an MRI done on Wednesday, and the bra I was wearing has a little metal on the straps, so they asked me to take it off before I got on the little sliding-table thingy. BUT... they've probably seen worse before in their profession. it's no big.
- verbally screwing up a perfectly constructed mind argument. At least it was perfect in my head right?
- having a moment of silent contemplation while gazing into the forest after dumping a ton of weeds, only to realize that your sister is right behind you wondering if you've passed out.

ps: I miss these girls:

I miss that life.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha sorry to ruin your contemplativeness...
    <<(No, it isn't a real word. Oh, well.)

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS