Tuesday, January 10

how to be hipster

For the last 3 weeks that we've been in our tiny home, we've been piggy-backing off some random linksys internet connection.  (If you have your laptop on the washer, dance on one foot in a circle, and sing kumbaya, you get pretty good service!) But today when we got home from school, our linksys friend had disappeared! I, out of reaction to being a woman, immediately started having a mini-panic attack because ALL my homework tonight must be done online.

ps: mini-panic attacks usually result in bursts of tears.

So Kyle frantically but patiently began telling me that everything was going to be alright, offering up internet suggestions ("We could go back to campus, or maybe even Raintree, or we could stop by your old apartment....") But to no avail. 
We were doomed you see. DOOMED
And then he got a brilliant idea. "Hey hun, we could go to Starbucks, get the wifi there, AND grab a chocolate. Does that sound good?"

That my friends, is reason enough to believe I married a winner :)
Anyway, so he was putting away his clothes (aka moving them into the new dresser) and I told him that we should dress all hipster-like so we'd fit in better there. To which he freaks out and says "SHOOT! I SHOULDN'T HAVE SHAVED THIS MORNING!!!" I told him that wearing his drug rug and some moccasins would do, I mean, we're defying all social norms anyways by not subscribing to this internet thing anyways.

ugh. social conformity. so not our thing.

3 comments:

  1. I must not be hipster, or young for that matter because I had to click on the hyperlink for "drug rug" to even see what that meant. Sheesh, getting old sucks, especially when you don't know you've gotten old. I so relate to this panic attack situation...happens sporadically here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.verbal-vomit.com/2011/03/how-to-be-hipster-chapter-1.html


    read it and laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...I have a picture of my Dad wearing the same getup that the "Hipster Wine Taster" is wearing. Nice to see the Drug Rug coming back into fashion, too! It's really scary when you're old enough to start seeing cycles--the new generation just needs to rename it so they can claim it. Social conformity is for wimps!!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS