Thursday, January 12

mommy blogs and photog evidence of mr. tuft

When I first created a blog over a year ago, I honestly had no idea what I was getting into. I had no idea how many thousands of blogs there were, the hundred uses for them or that they weren't all about Christian bible bashing (because that's all I seem to find when I click the "next blog" button...). I had no idea that so many Mormon women blogged about their lives! About 6ish months after joining the blogosphere, I came across the Daybook  through a friend on facebook because the blogger was doing a fashion "30 for 30" project and I loved the outfits she created. I started looking at the blogs Sydney followed, and the blogs they followed etc. etc. and I was shocked to find so many really sweet Mormon mommy blogs!

Sydney got asked "Why are Mormons so cool"? which I feel like she answered perfectly and seems to be in response to this article I found through Facebook today. I will not pretend to be one of these amazingly crafty mommy bloggers, (aka: I don't do vintage, I don't have kids, I don't live on the East Coast and I don't have luscious locks) but I do wish to say that I am grateful for their willingness to be who they are and be proud of that fact.  One of the reasons that I started to follow Naomi's blog was because of a post she did right after she gave birth to her daughter Eleanor. It's a beautiful post that gave me some comfort about raising children and showed me that: yes, you actually can find joy in cleaning the sticky hands and diaper changes.

Anyways, read the article if you'd like, it's really good.


oh and here's the picture of Kyle in his hipster garb:
I even retrofied this pic to prove our 
hipster-ness.
dang straight.

2 comments:

  1. Kyle looks like a hobo.

    ps. Just had this conversation this morning with Sarah and Kylee about how cool these women are. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Kyle looks a little Japanese with his hat on and no hair showing. Love the HIPSTER look Kyle! :) Keep this for all time Jess!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS