Tuesday, March 13

Dear Boys....

I recently got "tagged" to do this Dear Boys... post. Basically a short synopsis of all the guys that I've liked and why it didn't work out. Well, after reading a couple of other people's posts on the same subject, I got totally jazzed to do my own, until I started trying to figure out exactly HOW many boys I'd be writing about.
Too many my friends.
I guess that's what happens when you have always liked boys.
Anyway, here goes nothing!

Dear Co-op Sandbox painter,
You're favorite color was green, so I changed mine to green too. We used to "paint" the sandbox with water at recess and it took us the whole year to figure out why the "paint" didn't stick. We were 5. It just wouldn't have worked out.
Love,
my ADHD self.

Dear Gap-Tooth,
I don't know if you meant to do this or not, but remember that one time you "pretended" to kiss my hand while we were waiting in line for lunch? Yeah, you TOTALLY kissed me hand. So thanks for stealing that title in my life.
ps: I hope you got braces eventually.
Love,
The Offended

Dear Suicidal,
You know, writing this has made me realize how quickly things can change. Being 7 years old and in second grade, I guess we didn't think of suicide as anything that could affect us. It's crazy to think you're not here anymore. Not that we had any contact really in later years, but I hope your family is doing well.
Love,
The Saddened

Dear Pothead,
I'm sorry that I used you to realized the full-potential of my feminine powers. To be honest, I don't think I had much "power" seeings how I was 8. I hope you're having fun flying "higher than a kite"... if you know what I mean...
Love,
The Practiced

Dear Stabber,
The first week of 4th grade was made a lot better by the fact that you were constantly trying to stab me with the compass we had to get as part of our school supplies. I quite enjoyed being stabbed. Really, I did. Actually, I just liked stabbing you back when you weren't expecting it.
Love,
The-Back-Stabber

Dear Ballers,
Yes there were two of you. I couldn't quite figure out which one I liked more... so I kept both of you around. One of you I played soccer with at recess on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and the other I played wallball with on Tuesdays or Thursdays. Or I'd switch it up depending on who I liked more that week.
Love,
The Player

Dear NBA Wanna-be,
I hope you improved your reading and writing abilities. And math. And science. I really wasn't as smart as you thought I was... I just pretended to be smarter so you'd talk to me. Even though I ended up doing your homework more often than not.
Love,
The Nerd

Dear Producer,
....
....
I was 15. Give me a break.
Love,
Twitterpatted

Dear Jersey Shore extra,
I hope you're gtl'ing it up (gym, tan, laundry...). Also, you were just mean. Also, you're still mean.
Love,
Not-your-average-Snooki

Dear Enzo,
Only you will get that nickname. I do hope you're doing well. You taught me a lot about relationships, love and sacrifice. I hope you find what you're looking for, whatever that is.
ps: I still don't like Eminem
Love,
The Waiter

Dear 1 of 4,
You know, looking back on things, it probably would've been better if we remained friends. I hope you get yo'self on a mission soon!!
Love,
Another 1 of 4

Dear Track Star,
It took me a good couple of months to admit to myself that I liked you. And I still didn't tell you haha. You're such a great guy and I hope you're having fun being half-way across the world!
Love,
The Silenced

Dear Hubby,
I'm so glad I found you.  It took me a few tries, a couple of duds, a few heartbreaks and tears, but all of that was so worth it knowing that I have you forever. As we "celebrate" our first year of dating tonight, just know that I love you beyond anything I thought possible.
Love,
Your lawfully, wedded wife :)






1 comment:

  1. The letter to Hubby was totally my favorite. Adorable. Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS