Thursday, January 17

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

Having you here this week has really been a special treat. With the beginning of school, the weather, the snow and the lack of female friends here this semester, I've really needed a pick-me-up which you so excellently provided (even if it was unexpected!) The older I get the more I realize how similar we are, which I'm sure every daughter says at some point. Maybe the right of adulthood is when you finally accept that fact?
There have been many times this week where I've tried to verbalize my gratitude for you. Sitting in the car, continuing the search for the perfect winter boots, running around town grabbing groceries, or during quiet times after work meetings. But every time I tried, the words died in my throat. How do you thank someone for simply existing? What words do I say that appropriately acknowledges the 18 years of loving, teaching, heartache, service and charity that you gave me?
Yet in those moments of verbal struggle I realized something: you knew exactly what I couldn't articulate. You have been in my exact boat before; you've walked in my shoes. And right now, I don't think there's anything more comforting than knowing that simple fact.
A 'thank you' hardly seems to capture my intent, but it will have to do. Thank you mom, for everything you are.

Love you,

Jess








3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/17/2013

    Thanks Jessica for making me cry!!! How sweet!!!
    Crystal A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Sniff, sniff. You will never know how much I love you until you have my grandchild held safely in your arms. Thank you for taking care of me this week and supporting me through a tough week of work. It's been great being here with you and Kyle. I love you both dearly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I hope to someday have a similar blog entry from my dear Kaia. You made me cry! And I remember saying something so similar to your Grandma...

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS